Students from School of Business and Services took part in the SG50 Chingay procession in Marina Bay area with POSB on 27 Feb 2015.
The Service Excellence Student Seminar 2015, with the theme 'Understanding the Mind of Our Customers', was successfully held on 28 October 2015 at ITE College West. With the staff support, this inaugural seminar brought together students and industry partners for an afternoon of fruitful exchange of ideas and authentic learning beyond the classroom.
- Youth Entrepreneurship Symposium 2014 (YES 2014) is an annual signature event on 12 June 2014 in NUS organised by nEbO, the junior membership arm of NTUC. ITE CW sent in three teams for this event and one of our teams (students from Higher Nitec in Service Management & Entrepreneurship Club) led by Nur Afni (LT/SVM/CW) has come in as 1st Runner Up!
- With their colorful striking booth display coupled with the team's quirky outfit, "Square 'R' Us", mentored by Mr Randahl Koh, clinched the "Best in Retail Identity" award at the Youth Entrepreneurs Competition held at Singapore Discovery Centre on 28 June 2014, beating competitors from the polytechnics and other tertiary institutions.
- ITE CW Green Club took part in the Gardeners' Cup held in-conjunction with the Singapore Garden Festival at the Gardens by the Bay and won the Innovative Garden Display Award 2014.
- Sentosa Flowers in Bloom Competition from 7 to 14 Feb 2013 - 10 exco members of the Green club partnered ST Kinetic in this competition to garden based on spring time in Thailand floating market.
- ITE College West wins $500 in the National Education Gaming Competition (NEGC) 2013 from 24 to 27 Jun 2013 in Nanyang Polytechnic
- Inaugural #Startable competition by Nanyang Technopreneurship Centre and ITE College West on 1st Jul 2013 - The Winning Team Trendformer Mohammed Nur’Idros B Mohd, Mohamad Siddiq B Mohamad Sa’id and Carl Timothy Dutta from Service Management aims to change the design by using a slider tray to hold the potato chips and won $10,000.
- National Education Dialogue 2013 with Parliamentary Secretary Associate Professor Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim, Parliamentary Secretary (Ministry of Health & Transport) on 22 Aug 2013
- Citi-SMU Amazing Financial Literacy Race - On 15 Aug 2013, 5 Business Administration students Amalina, Ci Hui, Xue Fang, Ling Fang and Fardaus won the competition. 30 trained SMU students had also conducted workshops and coached over 3,000 first-year ITE students in a financial literacy programme specially tailored to meet the students’ needs for the Citi-SMU Financial Literacy programme.
- Through the collaboration between ITE and CDC, the 'Free Kicks' Program was crafted as a soccer clinic for special needs students aged 7 - 12 from Chaoyang School to be conducted by staff and students from CW's Nitec in Fitness Training and Higher Nitec in Sports Management between Aug 13 to Mar 14.
- During the Youth Entrepreneurship Competiton held in Singapore Discovery Centre on 26 October 2013,
90's Kids students from Attraction Operations was awarded the
Overall Champion in the Tertiary Category! They were also the recipients of the
Best in Digital Marketing & Social Media Award and came in
Top Position in the competition's Facebook Vote and Win Contest!
- ITE-Carrie's Next Top Model 2013 - Yeo Zhi Chao from Higher Nitec in Service Management emerged as the Champion for the male category while Dina Marissa Bte Nasarudin from Higher Nitec in Passenger Services won the 1st runner up for the female category!
- Tourism Student Seminar 2013 - collaboration with travel industry
- Best Teacher Award - Claris Ng [Lecturer/Leisure & Travel Operations]
- 2012 Singapore Microsoft Office Academic Skill Challenge - ITE Preliminary Round in Apr 2012
- Microsoft Word:
- 1st Place: Nur Atikah Binte Kamis (Service Management)
- Microsoft Excel:
- 1st Place: Koh Xiu Quan Eugene (Service Management)
- 2nd Place: Chan Kuan Yii (Leisure & Travel Operations)
- 3rd Place: Tan Swee Kiat (Leisure & Travel Operations)
- Tourism Innovation Competition (TIC) June 2012 in Temasek Polytechnic - Leisure & Travel Operations and Tourism students clinch the top 5 positions
- Youth Entrepreneur Competition (YEC) June 2012 in Singapore Discovery Centre - ITE College West was the champion and also the most supportive school
- Citi-YMCA Youth for Causes Nov 2012 in NTUC Auditorium - 3 students from Higher Nitec in Business Studies (Service Management) were given the winning award Category C (Age 21 and above) for Citi-YMCA Youth for Causes Award.
- Collaboration between ITE and HPB - Signing of Health Alliance in May 2012
- Formula One star, Lewis Hamilton visited ITE College West to promote the $10m ($3000 yearly for each tertiary student) Singapore Olympic Foundation (SOF) - Peter Lim Scholarship during the scholarship ceremony on 4 Dec 12.
- Best Teacher Award 2012 – Phua Chiew Kheng (Senior Lecturer/Administration) - Green Club Chairperson
- Leisure & Travel Operations Department’s Involvement at World Skills Singapore 2011 as Tour Guides
- Fitness Training Sports Boys of the Year 2011
- Abdud Dayyan Bin Mohamed Jaffar, National Archer who won a Bronze medal in the inaugural Youth Olympics 2010, Top 80 in the world at the 2008 World Youth Championships, and a Bronze at the Archery Grand Prix 2007.
- Benjamin Low Wei Fu, member of the National Junior Canoeing team who won Junior K1 Asian Gold (Asian Junior Championship) at World Canoe Marathon Championship and other medals in local and international canoeing competitions. He earned the
2011 Lee Kuan Yew All Round Excellence Award and
2011 ITE-CDC scholarship.
- Administration Dept student Ashry Owyong Min won the following medals in Annual World Dragonboat Racing Championships. (Gold: 200m, Silver: 1000 and 12 crew 500m, Bronze: Premier 500m and 2000m events)
- Team ITE Champions in 29th Singapore River Regatta 2011
- WTS-ITE Scholarship Presentation Ceremony Dec 2011 - 2 from Nitec in Service Skills (Tourism) students and 1 from Higher Nitec in Leisure and Travel Operations student were each presented a certificate as well as a $1000 Scholarship by WTS Travel & Tours Pte Ltd (WTS).
- Clean & Green Schools Carnival 2011 recognises the schools and companies that have come forward to work with the school community, through NEA's Corporate and School Partnership Programme to enhance the environment through innovation.
- Best Teacher Award 2011 – Dai Wei Ming (Senior Lecturer/Service Management) - Community Service Club Chairperson
2009 - 2010
- 2010 JCI Asia-Pacific Conference (ASPAC) Student Volunteers from Service Skills (Office)
- GEP trips to Nepal, Cambodia, South Korea and Hong Kong
- Fitness Training student Mastura Jeilani shooting her way to World Youth Cup in Sweden International Sports Academy competition from 7 - 24 July 2010.
- Asian Youth Olympics 2009 and Singapore 2010 Volunteer Training
- 3 Team Excellence Symposium 2010 Silver Awards
- Staff Appreciation Award 2010 - Grace Cheong & Cynthia (Lecturer/Administraton), Bernard Ng (Lecturer/Service Management), Baey See Hion (Lecturer/Service Management) (includes PS21 Award 2009 and Hi5 Outstanding Leader Award 2009), Wong Quan Ling (Lecturer/Tourism)
- Best Teacher Award – George Balonggay (Lecturer/Service Management) 2009, Lee Pui Kuan (Lecturer/Administration) 2010
- Ministry of Education (MOE) Excel Fest in Mar 2010 - Paper Presentation on Integration Simulation Game (MoneyPOLITE) in Teaching Theoretical Topics by George Balonggay (Lecturer/Service Management)